Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blog viewership, congrats to US national women's team, Spurs' stadium

Before I start my usual driveling soccer nonsense I would like to congratulate the US women's national team on their impressive 2-0 victory against North Korea! Not a bad way to start the Women's World Cup. While I'm sure the atmosphere is nothing compared to the male version, I wish I was in Germany to see the tournament. If nothing else it's nice to see women from around the world competing on the global stage. You go girls!
Rachel Buehler, seconds before she scores team USA's second goal

Transfer Talk
De Gea has joined Manchester United for around 18 million pounds! De Gea has massive, massive shoes (or should I say cleats?) to fill... I'm glad to have been around to see Van der Saar play.

To add further convolution to the Alexis Sanchez race, Manchester City has dropped their interest for the Udinese winger. Gaaaaah. Welcome to the transfer window, folks.

To briefly touch on something I addressed in yesterday's post - Barcelona FC signed a lengthy contract extension to highly-rated 20 year old Thiago Alcantara with a buyout clause of a whopping 90 million Euros! I hope for the sake of some poor team's checkbook that no one ever tries to pony up that much cash.

Increasing blog viewership
I've been trying to find ways to increase this blog's viewership. Does anyone have any ideas?

So far I've looked into blog directories like Technorati and I'm trying to figure out how to follow other blogs.

Any tips are greatly appreciated! I'd like to increase overall viewership to more than three views!

Tottenham Olympic Stadium bid rejected
Tottenham Hotspurs, the greatest club on Earth, have had their bid for the right to inherit London's Olympic Stadium after the 2012 Olympics. While the Spurs have the opportunity to have an oral hearing in London's High Court to plead their case, Justice Davis' decision to reject their bid makes the chances of Tottenham finally moving on from White Hart Lane look slim.
It appears as if the stadium is to go to West Ham at the moment, an unfortunate decision given that they were relegated and the end of last season and their supporters are, in general, a bunch of thugs.

Boise is beautiful
I've found that many people who have never been to Boise think that it is a pretty boring and ugly place. This picture should at least refute the latter of those two claims.


Thanks for reading, folks!


Keep kickin'!


Cristiano Ronaldo was recently christened 2011's "Mr. Perfect"
While some (justifiably) claim that he is a baby, it's hard to care
when you have two X chromosomes. Here he celebrates a goal
while playing for Portugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment