Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tottenham transfer talk, summer in Boise

So word on the street (aka ESPN's Soccernet) is that Harry Redknapp won't be able to make any summer purchases without selling four to five players first. Dire news for the Spurs faithful, I'm afraid. As much as I hate to admit it, it may be necessary to sell the Croatian wunderkind Luka Modric in order to gather up the funds necessary for big summer transfer window deals. Either that or we can sell wastes-of-space players like Pavlyuchenko and scratch up bargain-bin deals like Pienaar from the January window (thank you, Everton, for not offering him the wages he demand). And while we undoubtedly need the attacking options up front - lord knows Peter "The Goof" Crouch can't score more than a handful a season - I don't see the logic in the Spurs' management's decision to go after high profile and equally high priced players like Aguero and Rossi.
Luka Modric, diminutive soccer Jesus.
In other news, check out this goal celebration by Seattle Sounders FC forward Roger Levesque. It appears as if the boys in rave green had a field day against the NY Red Bulls on Thursday night, and this celebration topped it off. Good stuff.

In other, non-soccer news, the weather is really heating up here in Boise. I took a dip with some friends in Lucky Peak Lake yesterday (@Ashley @Almeera @Stacy) and it felt grrrrreeeat. Bring on the heat, I'm ready for it! (though I suppose it doesn't hurt I spend close to 40 hours a week in an air conditioned office during the summer)
I've been thinking about ways to sign off at the end of every blog post and I've settled on the following: "Keep kickin'!" I also hope to leave you with a picture of a favorite player being all soccer-y at the end of every post as well. 

So, for the inaugural sign-off:

Keep kickin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment